Using the Fixed Date Single Page Wizard
In this video, I’ll show you how to use Scarcity Samurai's fixed date single page wizard to set up a campaign designed around a specific end date..
For instance, you may wish to have a special deal on your product, in which you offer the product for a 50% discount for one week, after which the special deal is no longer available.
So here I am in the admin area of my Wordpress site.
To get started I’ll come across here and click the Scarcity Samurai button in the sidebar, which will open up the Scarcity Samurai Dashboard.
Under the Campaign Wizards heading, you’ll see a number of options.
For this demonstration, I’m going to choose the Fixed Date Single Page wizard. This allows me to add scarcity elements to an existing page, or create a new page in the process.
The first thing I need to do is name my campaign. This can be anything which helps me keep track of my campaigns - it's not something which will be shown to visitors to my site.
For my campaign, I’ll enter “50% Discount” as the title, then I go over here and click ‘Continue’.
Next, the Wizard asks which page you would like to add scarcity elements to. You may wish to create a new page, or you might like to use a page you created earlier.
In this example I’ll use an existing page called “My Special Offer Page” by selecting it from the drop-down menu (1). Now I’ll come over here and click ‘Continue’ (2)
The next step is to set the page expiry, which is the time and date at which the page will no longer be available.
I want my special offer to expire at noon on the 31st of March this year, so I’ll go ahead and select the 31st, March, and 2013. As this is a fixed date expiry, you will also need to select the timezone which applies to your offer.
Once I have done this, I need to decide what will happen once the timer reaches zero.
- By default ‘do nothing’ is selected. This means that once the timer reaches zero, the user will remain on the expired page indefinitely with the counter showing zero.
- ‘Redirect to a page’ will send the user to another page on your Wordpress site once the counter reaches zero. You can either select an existing page, or create a new one.
- And the ‘redirect to URL’ option will allow you to redirect the user to any URL you specify.
For this example I’m going to send the user to www.noblesamurai.com when the page expires, so I’ll type in the url, and then I’ll click ‘Continue’
Now it’s time to set up how the scarcity banner will be displayed on the screen.
- If you choose ‘in the header, the banner will be at the top of the screen.
- If you choose ‘in the footer’, the banner will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- If you choose ‘no banner’, the page won’t have a banner at all. Your scarcity timer will still count down, and your page will still redirect after the counter reaches zero, however the timer won't be visible as there's no banner displayed.
I’m going to select ‘in the header’ as I want the banner on the top of my page.
Next up is the type of banner to be displayed. You can either use the default banner, or a banner you've created yourself using the 'Customize Banner' link.
I'm going to use a banner I created earlier called 'My Banner.'
Finally we can choose what will happen when a user clicks on the banner.
- 'Do nothing' means there will be no change when the user clicks the banner,
- 'Go to page' will redirect the users to an existing or new page on your Wordpress site,
- ...and the 'Go to URL' option will allow you to send users to a URL that you specify.
I’m going to choose to send users to a page called ‘Buy Now’. And then I’ll come over here and click ‘Finish’.
You should now see a congratulations page, and your Scarcity Samurai campaign is up and running!
You can copy the link you'll be sending to users by clicking "Copy to Clipboard" , which you can then insert into an Email, or add to a page on your website.
Let's take a quick look at the end result.
So here I am on my sales letter page, and here you can see my scarcity banner counting down to zero.
Let's quickly jump to the end of the campaign, so there are only a few seconds left....
...and when the timer expires, the user is automatically redirected to the URL we entered, which in this example was NobleSamurai.com.
And that's all there is to it!
If you have any problems with this process, don't hesitate to contact our support team at http://www.noblesamurai.com/c/support
More Scarcity Samurai User Guide Lessons
- Download and Install Scarcity Samurai Trial
- Download and Install Scarcity Samurai
- Using the Evergreen Single Page Wizard
- Using the Fixed Date Single Page Wizard
- Using the Evergreen Multi-page Campaign Wizard
- Using the Fixed Date Multi-page Campaign Wizard