Using the Evergreen Single Page Wizard
In this video, I’ll show you how to set up an evergreen single page campaign in Scarcity Samurai.
An “evergreen” campaign is one which is not based on any fixed date. Rather, the timer begins counting down for each new user when they first arrive on your landing page.
So here I am in the admin area of my Wordpress site.
To get started I’ll come across here and click the Scarcity Samurai button in the sidebar, which will open up the Scarcity Samurai Dashboard.
Under the Campaign Wizards heading, you’ll see a number of options.
For this demonstration, I’m going to choose the Evergreen Scarcity Single Page wizard. This allows me to add scarcity elements to an existing page, or create a new page in the process.
The first thing I need to do is name my campaign. This can be anything which lets me keep track of my campaigns - it's not something that will be shown to visitors to my site. I’ll enter “My Evergreen Funnel ” for now, then I go over here and click ‘Continue’.
Next, the Wizard asks which page you would like to add scarcity elements to. You may wish to create a new page, or you might like to use a page you created earlier.
In this example I’ll use an existing page called “My Salesletter” by selecting it from the drop-down menu. Now I’ll come over here and click ‘Continue’.
The next step is to set the page expiry, which lets you decide how long each user will have access to the page for.
The actual time you select for your campaign will depend on the nature of your sales page. For example if you’ve got a 5 minute sales video on your page, you might decide to make the page expire 8 minutes after the page loads.
I’m going to go ahead and set the page to expire 0 hours and 10 minutes after a user first visits the page.
Once I have done this, I need to decide what will happen when the timer reaches zero.
- By default ‘do nothing’ is selected. This means that once the timer reaches zero, the user will remain on the expired page indefinitely with the counter showing zero.
- ‘Redirect to a page’ will send the user to another page on your Wordpress site once the counter reaches zero. You can either select an existing page, or create a new one.
- And the ‘redirect to URL’ option will allow you to redirect the user to any URL you specify.
For this example I’m going to send the user to www.noblesamurai.com when the page expires, so I’ll type in the url, and then I’ll click ‘Continue’
Now it’s time to set up how the scarcity banner will be displayed on the screen.
- If you choose ‘in the header, the banner will be at the top of the page.
- If you choose ‘in the footer’, the banner will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
- If you choose ‘no banner’, the page won’t have a banner at all. Your scarcity timer will still count down, and your page will still redirect after the counter reaches zero, however the timer won't be visible as there's no banner to be displayed.
I’m going to select ‘in the header’ as I want the banner on the top of my page.
Next up is the type of banner to be displayed. You can either use the default banner, or a banner you've created yourself using the 'Customize Banner' link.
I'm going to use a custom banner I created earlier called 'My Banner.'
Finally we can choose what will happen when a user clicks on the banner.
- Do nothing means there will be no change when the user clicks the banner,
- ‘Go to page’ will redirect the users to an existing or new page on your Wordpress site,
- ...and the ‘go to URL’ option will allow you to send users to a URL of your choice.
I’m going to choose to send users to a page called ‘Buy Now’. And then I’ll come over here and click ‘Finish’.
You should now see a congratulations page, and your Scarcity Samurai campaign is up and running!
You can copy the link you'll be sending to users by clicking "Copy to Clipboard", which you can then insert into an Email, or add to a page on a website.
Let's take a quick look at the end result.
So here I am on my sales letter page, and here you can see my scarcity banner counting down to zero.
Let's quickly jump to the end of the campaign, so there are only a few seconds left....
...and when the timer expires, the user is automatically redirected to the URL we entered, which in this example was NobleSamurai.com.
And that's all there is to it!
If you have any problems with this process, don't hesitate to contact our support team at http://www.noblesamurai.com/c/support
More Scarcity Samurai User Guide Lessons
- Download and Install Scarcity Samurai Trial
- Download and Install Scarcity Samurai
- Using the Evergreen Single Page Wizard
- Using the Fixed Date Single Page Wizard
- Using the Evergreen Multi-page Campaign Wizard
- Using the Fixed Date Multi-page Campaign Wizard